Nestled at the bottom of a valley flowing into the valley of Vesubie, the canyon of Imberguet is one of the most aesthetic courses of this valley!
This deep limestone gorge, will offer you many beautiful abseiling of 20 meters. Jumps and toboggans will make a complete course for sporty people or beginner.
Feeding mainly by melting snow and rain, the Imberguet torrent is unfortunately practicable only in spring because it dries most of the time in mid-June.
Data sheet - Canyon de l'Imberguet
- Price per person: 65€/pers.
- Difficulty: sporty
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Totale duration : 4hrs 30 min
- Activity duration: 3hrs 30 min
- Approach walk: 5 minutes
- Return walk: 5 minutes
- Equipment to be taken: Sports shoes, swimsuit, bottle of water, lunch
- Equipment supplied: neopren suit, helmet, harness, bag with waterproof box
- Highest obligatory jump: 3 metres
- Highest obligatory abseil: 20 metres
- Maximum number of person per monitor : 8
- Period of activity: spring
- Lenght: 1 km
- Difference in height: 190 metres
- Département: Alpes maritime (06)
- Village nearby : Utelle
- shuttle by car: 10 minutes
Description of the canyoning activity - Canyon de l'Imberguet
The appointment with the qualified instructor takes place on the car park next to the roundabout at the junction of the Vésubie Valley and the Var Valley. You will continue the road for 10 minutes to put cars at the arrival of the canyon.
The monitor will provide you with neoprene equipment (pants, jacket and socks) as well as technical equipment (helmet and harness equipped with descender and cowtails). You will also have a bag with a waterproof container to carry the picnic and your personal items (wallet, car keys).
Once everyone is equipped, the monitor will organize the car shuttle to leave a vehicle at the arrival of the canyon and go back with the others at the car park of the departure.
Then you will start with a 10-minute forest approach walk that provides access to the river. It will then follow the edge over 300 meters, avoiding walking in the water. This measure was taken for the protection of white-footed crayfish. Via ferrata type installations are in place for more security on this part.
The adventure begins with some easy jumps. The walking parts in the canyon are short but require some concentration because the rock is slippery. Finally, the course is narrowing and offers a series of jumps higher and higher (7 meters max) some of which require precision because the receptions are narrow but deep.
There are few long part of swim but it is still necessary to be able to swim because the flow of water, important at certain times, causes water movements in the basins.
Abseiling (up to 20 meters in height) is often well watered and slippery. So plan a good pair of sports shoe.
The canyon of Imberguet is deep; you will be immersed for more or less 4 hours in a mineral atmosphere, wild and unspoiled.
The second part of the canyon is more technical. The jumps, lower than in the first part, however, require more precision because the receptions are narrower.
Then come the last abseiling in the last pool. From there, you will take a path that joins a footbridge spanning the river Vésubie.
Finally, a walk of 5 minutes takes you back to the cars.
Road map of the activity canyoning - Canyon de l'Imberguet
How to come:
- From CASTELLANE (04120 - Alpes-de-Haute-Provence): Follow direction ST JULIEN / ST ANDRE (D955) Before the village of ST JULIEN, at the stop sign, turn right towards NICE (N202). Cross ENTREVAUX, then PUGET THENIERS, TOUET SUR VAR and VILLARS SUR VAR and continue in the direction of NICE. On the M6202 highway, turn left towards LE CHAUDAN / PLAN DU VAR / LANTOSQUE. Then turn immediately right towards NICE on the M6202. Then drive to a roundabout that intersects the M6202 (DIGNE-NICE) and the M2565 (Vésubie Valley). The appointment is made on the parking of the bridge Durandy at the roundabout. Count about 1H40 journey.
- From MARSEILLE (13000 - Bouches-du-Rhône): join the A8 motorway towards NICE. After CAGNE SUR MER, take the exit 51.1 direction DIGNE and take the M6202 road. After the village of PLAN DU VAR, park in the car park at the first roundabout after the Durandy bridge. The appointment is located on this car park. Count about 2H30 journey.
- From NICE (06000 - Alpes-Maritmes): Join the M6202 road direction DIGNE. After the village of PLAN DU VAR, park in the car park at the first roundabout after the Durandy bridge. The appointment is located on this car park. Count around 50min.
- From GRASSE (06130 - Alpes-Maritmes): join the A8 motorway towards NICE. After CAGNE SUR MER, take the exit 51.1 direction DIGNE and take the M6202 road. After the village of PLAN DU VAR, park in the car park at the first roundabout after the Durandy bridge. The appointment is located on this car park. Count about 1H10 journey.
Equipment to be taken: Sports shoes, swimsuit, bottle of water, lunch
GPS coordinates: 43.86056, 7.199069
Payment on-site of the activity: Only cash, there is no ATM on the spot.
Warning: Plan to arrive a little early in case of excessive delay the monitor can not wait to other participants.
Situation close to nice - Canyon de l'Imberguet
By clicking the marker, you can use the map below to calculate your route towards your place of activity. Think of increasing the time given by Google about 20 %, which correspond to time lost on our small mountain roads.
Please wait while loading map...