Half day canyon with intermediate level, this ludic descent, very aquatic and sporty will charm you!
The canyon is situated between two 150-meter high cliffs. Inside it, you will find many jumps, slides and a zip line which will require a good physical condition.
The stream and wild water could surprise you and it is thus important to be able to swim and to feel at ease in the water. This canyon is thus addressed to sporty people, beginners or not.
Sharing this river with the fishermen, a regulation applies to this canyon : the canyoning activity is possible there only on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Data sheet - Canyon de Saint Auban
- Price per person: 55€/pers.
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Totale duration : 3hrs
- Activity duration: 2hrs 30min
- Approach walk: 2 minutes
- Return walk: 10 minutes
- Equipment to be taken: swimsuit, sports shoes
- Highest obligatory jump: 3 metres
- Maximum number of person per monitor : 8
- Period of activity: summer
- Lenght: 1 km
- Difference in height: 115 metres
- Département: Alpes maritime (06)
- Regulation: authorized on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Description of the canyoning activity - Canyon de Saint Auban
The meeting point with your qualified instructor, will be on the carpark of the canyon (at the edge of the river, at 400 meters from the village of Saint Auban) located at a 40-min driving from Castellane (30km).
After you’ve been equipped with a neoprene suit, a helmet and a harness, your monitor will organize shuttles with the participants in order to put vehicles at the arrival of the canyon (5min).
Then you will do a short walk (200m) to join the starting point of the canyon.
Your monitor will give you all the safety instructions necessary to practice canyoning.
Afterwards, your monitor will guide you during 2 :30 hours. Along the course, you will find many jumps from 3 to 6 meters (above three meters, they are not obligatory anymore), slides, long parts to be swum and if the number of monitors allows it, a large zip line arriving in the water.
At the end of the canyon, just five minutes walking left to arrive at the car park where you will have parked your vehicles thanks to the shuttle system.
For the less bold, there is a possibility of looking at the activity from the top of the road overhanging the course.
Road map of the activity canyoning - Canyon de Saint Auban
How to come:
- From CASTELLANE (04120 - Alpes-de-Haute-Provence): Take the direction of GRASSE (D6085) Stay on this road 10 km, and turn on the left to PEYROULES on the road D452 After the village PEYROULES turn on the left in direction to SAINT AUBAN on the road D2211. Cross the villages of LA FOUX and LES LATTES. When You will see the village of SAINT AUBAN on your left, keep going on the main road (D2211 to BRIANCONNET) for 200 m and park your car on the right side, just before the entrance of the canyon. From CASTELLANE, it take 40 minutes driving.
- From MARSEILLE (13000 - Bouches-du-Rhône): take the A51 motorway towards AIX, then join the A8 motorway towards NICE. Take the exit 36 direction DRAGUIGNAN / LE MUY. Follow DRAGUIGNAN on the D1555, then take the D54 towards DIGNE. Pass near FIGANIERES then join the D955 direction DIGNE / COMPS ON ARTUBY Pass near MONTFERRAT then cross COMPS S / ARTUBY. ATTENTION: at the exit of COMPS S / ARTUBY, stay on the road D21 direction DIGNE (do not take on the left direction CASTELLANE, road of the gorges du VERDON). Arrived at the village of LOGIS-DU-PIN, at the roundabout follow direction DIGNE / CASTELLANE, then turn right on the D2211 direction SAINT AUBAN. Cross the villages LA FOUX, and LES LATTES. Arriving near the village of SAINT AUBAN, stay on the D2211 direction BRIANCONNET (do not go up to the left in the village of SAINT AUBAN). About 200 m after the road up to the village of SAINT AUBAN, park in the car park on the right, at the entrance to the clue (canyon). It take about 3h15 ride.
- From NICE (06000 - Alpes-Maritmes): Join the A8 motorway towards MARSEILLE / CANNES. Take exit 48 toward CAGNE SUR MER / VENCE. Follow signs to LA COLLE SUR LOUP / GORGES DU LOUP / BAR SUR LOUP. Pass LA COLLE SUR LOUP, then join GREOLIERES by the D6 and D3 At GREOLIERES take the D2 direction THORENC. Always stay on the D2 and pass THOTENC, VALDEROURE and MALAMAIRE. After MALAMAIRE, turn right on the D2211 direction SAINT AUBAN / LA FOUX. Cross the villages LA FOUX, and LES LATTES. Arriving near the village of SAINT AUBAN, stay on the D2211 direction BRIANCONNET (do not go up to the left in the village of SAINT AUBAN). About 200 m after the road up to the village of SAINT AUBAN, park in the car park on the right, at the entrance to the clue (canyon). Count 2 hours of journey.
- From GRASSE (06130 - Alpes-Maritmes): take the D6085 road towards DIGNE / CASTELLANE. Cross SAINT VALLIER DE THIEY, ESCRAGNOLLES. At the village of LOGIS-DU-PIN, follow direction CASTELLANE then turn right on the D2211 direction SAINT AUBAN. Cross the villages LA FOUX, and LES LATTES. Arriving near the village of SAINT AUBAN, stay on the D2211 direction BRIANCONNET (do not go up to the left in the village of SAINT AUBAN). About 200 m after the road up to the village of SAINT AUBAN, park in the car park on the right, at the entrance to the clue (canyon). Allow about 1h30 drive (if you have GRASSE to cross, increase the journey time).
Equipment to be taken: swimsuit, sports shoes
GPS coordinates: 43.84878, 6.730929
Payment on-site of the activity: Only cash, there is no ATM on the spot.
Warning: Plan to arrive a little early in case of excessive delay the monitor can not wait to other participants.