It is the most accessible multi pitch route of the Verdon with unobstructed view on the lake of Sainte Croix!
Beautiful for this level of difficulty, this modern route which offers some small nice and varied passages: traverse, dihedral, crack and slab with ripple.
The rock of excellent quality and easy grade make a very good introduction for the Verdon’s multi pitch route!
No experience in multi pitch route is required, however it is necessary to have practised several times climbing.
We propose only one small selection of favorite route among the thousands existing. Contact us for any other request.
Data sheet - L'arête de la patte de chèvre
- Price per person: 150€/pers.
- Difficulty: 5b+ max
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Totale duration : 4:30
- Activity duration: 2:30
- Approach walk: 35 minutes
- Return walk: 50 minutes
- Equipment to be taken: sports shoes, sports outfit, backpack with bottle of water and snack
- Highest obligatory abseil: No abseil
- Maximum number of person per monitor : 2 (price : 90 €/pers if 2 participants)
- Period of activity: all year round
- Number of route : 7
- Difference in height: 130 metres
- Exposure: in the shade till the end of morning (south west)
- Département: Alpes de Haute Provence (04)
- Village nearby : 5 km from Moustiers Sainte Marie
Description of the multi pitch rock climbing activity - L'arête de la patte de chèvre
According to your place of stay, the meeting point with your qualified instructor will be either on the carpark of the departure (at 5 km of Moustiers Sainte Marie) or in the village of La Palud sur Verdon or Castellane.
On the car park, your monitor will give you your personal equipment: harness, helmet, rock shoe, karabiner with descender. You will need a small bag to take water and snack.
You will begin this day with an approach walk going up under the pines during 35 minutes, to warm up.
Then, you will receive the technical explanations and the security instructions necessary to be able to climb this face.
According to your level, your expérience and your desire, you will be able to climb the 7 routes as a second or on lead.
This easy level multi pitch route, well bolted, with very comfortable belay stance allows a perfect initiation.
Arrived at the top, you will not fail to admire the fantastic view on the lake of Sainte Croix before taking a steep path going down.
Pitch grade : 4c / 5b / 5a+ / 5a / 5b+ / 5b / 4b