In the middle of the grand canyon of the Verdon, this great classic route is a superb initiation with a beautiful environment!
The climbing take place on a pillar of 160 meters height overhanging the river of the Verdon. Dating from the Seventies, this route is not polished by many years of climbing and rock is still in very good quality.
Homogeneous and accessible difficulty will tempt climber wishing to try multi pitch route in the Verdon Gorges for the first time.
No experience in multi pitch route is required, however it is necessary to have practised several times climbing.
We propose only one small selection of favorite route among the thousands existing. Contact us for any other request.
Data sheet - L'arête du belvédère
- Price per person: 150€/pers.
- Difficulty: 5c max.
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Totale duration : 4:00
- Activity duration: 3:00
- Approach walk: 45 minutes
- Return walk: 2 minutes
- Equipment to be taken: sports shoes, sports outfit, backpack with bottle of water and snack
- Equipment supplied: helmet, harness, climbing shoes
- Highest obligatory abseil: no abseil
- Maximum number of person per monitor : 2 (price: 90 €/pers if 2 participants)
- Period of activity: from march to november
- Number of route : 6
- Difference in height: 160 m
- Exposure: in the shade till the end of morning (south west)
- Département: Alpes de Haute Provence (04)
- Village nearby : La Palud sur verdon
Description of the multi pitch rock climbing activity - L'arête du belvédère
According to your place of stay, the meeting point with your qualified instructor will be on a car park in the village of La Palud sur Verdon or Castellane.On the car park, your monitor will give you your personal equipment: harness, helmet, rock shoe, karabiner with descender. You will need a small bag to take water and snack.
You will begin this trip with an approach walk of 30 minutes, being used as physical and psychological warm up! According to your level, your expérience and your desire, you will be able to climb the 6 routes as a second or on lead.
The ascent will take more or less 3 hours . You will meet there a varied climbing with some vertical sequences or beautiful slab. Comfort will be perfect on the belay stance which are well placed on small ledge. The place is exceptional. It’s situated in the middle of the Verdon Gorges with a memorable panoramic view.
Arrived at the summit you will walk just one minute to reach the car park.
Pitch grade : 4c / 5b / 5b+ / 5c / 2+ / 5b+