Beautiful air route on the mythical cliff of l'Escalés!
No experience in multi pitch route is required, however it is necessary to climb 5c / 6a grade.
We propose only one small selection of favorite route among the thousands existing. Contact us for any other request.
Data sheet - Afin que nul ne meure
- Price per person: 150€/pers.
- Difficulty: 6a
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Totale duration : 4:30
- Activity duration: 3:30
- Approach walk: 5 minutes
- Equipment to be taken: sports shoes, sports outfit, backpack with bottle of water and snack
- Equipment supplied: helmet, harness, climbing shoes
- Highest obligatory abseil: 4 abseil of 45 metres
- Maximum number of person per monitor : 2 (price : 90 €/pers if 2 participants)
- Period of activity: from march to november
- Number of route : 5
- Difference in height: 160 metres
- Exposure: in the sun till mid-afternoon
- Village nearby : La Palud sur verdon
Description of the multi pitch rock climbing activity - Afin que nul ne meure
According to your place of stay, the meeting point with your qualified instructor will be on a car park in the village of La Palud sur Verdon or Castellane.
On the car park situated at the belvédère de la Carelle (Carelle viewpoint), your monitor will give you your personal equipment: harness, helmet, rock shoe, karabiner with descender. You will need a small bag to take water and snack.
Here, the adventure begins immediately! After 2 minutes walking, you will reach the cliff edge of l’Escalés, and you will arrive at the top of the abseiling line. You will thus make 4 abseils of 45 metres which will bring you on a big terraced garden named « Le jardin des écureuils ».
The ascent begins with a traverse towards the left to continue then upward. The climb is airy, esthetic, sustained and takes place on magnificent vertical wall or slab finely sculptured with pocket, jug, groove and crack.
Arrived at the top you can take advantage quietly of the serenity of this place before returning by the same path to your vehicle.
Pitch grade : 5c+ / 5c+ / 6a / 6a / 6a