Beautiful route in a deep magnificent sector of the Verdon Gorges!
No experience in multi pitch route is required, however it is necessary to climb 6a grade.
We propose only one small selection of favorite route among the thousands existing. Contact us for any other request.
Data sheet - Pour une poignée de gros lards
- Price per person: 150€/pers.
- Difficulty: 6a+
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Totale duration : 5:00
- Activity duration: 4:00
- Approach walk: 15 minutes
- Equipment to be taken: sports shoes, sports outfit, backpack with bottle of water and snack
- Equipment supplied: helmet, harness, climbing shoes
- Highest obligatory abseil: 5 abseils of 40 metres
- Maximum number of person per monitor : 2 (price : 95 €/pers if 2 participants)
- Period of activity: from march to november
- Number of route : 7
- Difference in height: 180 metres
- Exposure: in the sun till mid-afternoon
- Village nearby : La Palud sur verdon
Description of the multi pitch rock climbing activity - Pour une poignée de gros lards
According to your place of stay, the meeting point with your qualified instructor will be on a car park in the village of La Palud sur Verdon or Castellane.
At the place of beginning, your monitor will give you your personal equipment: harness, helmet, rock shoe, karabiner with descender. You will need a small bag to take water and snack.
Here, the adventure begins immediately!After 5 minutes walking, you will reach the cliff edge of l’Escalés, and you will arrive at the top of the abseiling line. You will thus make 5 abseils of 40 metres which will bring you at the foot of the face nearby the famous trail « Le sentier Martel ».
Steep without being impressive and having a magnificent view on the entrance of the Verdon gorges, this route has everything to please. Climbing here is demanding for fingers and you will have to tight small holds.
You will realize 7 pitches to reach the summit then you will walk 5 minutes to come back to the car park.
Pitch grade : 5c / 6a+ / 6a+ / 5b / 5b / 6a+ / 6a+
Situation gorges du verdon - Pour une poignée de gros lards
By clicking the marker, you can use the map below to calculate your route towards your place of activity. Think of increasing the time given by Google about 20 %, which correspond to time lost on our small mountain roads.
Please wait while loading map...