Let's go to discover beautiful landscape by easy climb and walk!
On the summit above Digne les bains , the Via Ferrata of «Rocher de neuf heures» is aerial and diverse in a mid-mountain atmosphere.
You will cross a cave, climbing passages, Tibetan bridge along the ascent during a half day .
Data sheet - Via ferrata de Digne les Bains
- Price per person: 50€/pers.
- Difficulty: Initiation
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Totale duration : 3hrs 30min
- Activity duration: 2hrs 30min
- Approach walk: 40 minutes
- Return walk: 25 minutes
- Equipment to be taken: sport shoes, bag with water and snack
- Equipment supplied: helmet, harness with via ferrata's tail
- Maximum number of person per monitor : 8
- Period of activity: spring, autumn
- Lenght: 500 metres
- Difference in height: 150 metres
- Exposure: sun after 11:00 am
- Département: Alpes de Haute Provence (04)
- Village nearby : Digne les bains
Description of the via ferrata activity - Via ferrata de Digne les Bains
You will meet your qualified instructor on the car park near the tourism office in Digne les bains.
There, you will receive your equipment (harness equiped with via ferrata's tail and a mountain helmet)
Then you will follow your instructor throught the small streets of Digne les bains and after on a hiking trail during 40 minutes.
Arrived at the beginning of the Via ferrata, you will put your equipment on and listen to the instrutor's security briefing.
This Via ferrata start with a vertical ascent of 60 metres hight on the cliff where you will learn how to use the carabiners, to trust in the climbing gear and to be self-confident.
The first part of this Via ferrata is made up of the tichodromes cliff follow by a cave, an ascent in a chimney and finish with a long Tibetan bridge 50 metres above the ground which gives great sensations!
Then a climb down will bring you back on the ground.
After that you have two options :
- you had enought fright so you will follow the group from the ground
- you want more sensation so you will continue the second part 100 metres further.
The second part a little bit shorter, dominate the Digne's bell tower. You will find ascent on ladder and Tibetan bridge between peaks that will lead you to the summit. There, we can observe the panorama on the Bléone valley.
Then to finish we will walk back during 25 minutes and arrive in Digne's town center.